Tuesday, November 17, 2009

FOR THOSE THAT DOUBT ME


Here I am with the father of Beowulf computing, Donald Becker. Don wrote a lot of the early Ethernet drivers for Linux and invented the concept of Beowulf computing. This would be like having your picture taken with Henry Ford if you were in the automotive business. I think I was supposed to hold him up for a keg stand of some special beer that a "secret" Portland-based HPC related compay (cough *Portland Group* cough) commissioned for the Beobash. The only problem is that Josh from Penguin Computing had to leave, and he was the other party involved in this task.

Anyway, we are having a TORQUE meeting tomorrow after the Top 500 announcement. If for some crazy reason anyone reading this is at SC '09, meet me at the Top 500 BoF Tuesday November 17th and you can talk about TORQUE with me and other users/developers at a venue to be determined.

1 comment:

chris said...

That's Awesome!